Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Preaching Cult like Behavior or Following the Teachings of Christ.....

I know I know people i seem to start off every post with Its been a long time but I guess Ive just been so busy recently its hard to keep up...to recap my family thinks Im in a cult because my cousin saw me preaching in the mall...I know I know when preople think of preaching they think of Jehovah's Witnesses or Mormons. I can see where they are coming from though I used to think like that too but the more I study the bible I see that preaching is not a cult like activity...actually Jesus Christ Himself preached the Gospel while on this earth

Matt9:35 Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease and sickness

Matt 11:1 After Jesus had finished instructing his twelve disciples, he went on from there to teach and preach in the towns of Galilee.

Mark 1:38 Jesus replied, "Let us go somewhere else—to the nearby villages—so I can preach there also. That is why I have come."

Mark 2:2 So many gathered that there was no room left, not even outside the door, and he preached the word to them.

MAtt. 4:17From that time on Jesus began to preach, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near."

Not only did Jesus preach while He was on Earth but HE also commanded the disciples to preach as well...

Mark 3:14 He appointed twelve designating them apostles that they might be with him and that he might send them out to preach

Mark 6:12 They went out and preached that people should repent.

Mark 16:20 Then the disciples went out and preached everywhere, and the Lord worked with them and confirmed his word by the signs that accompanied it.

Matt 28:18 Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in[a] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

The list goes on and on so yes those who teach outside of the biblical teaching and follow other texts they are cults...but those who preach the teachings of Jesus Christ and follow His teachings as well like Sabbath and Passover, and all of the Feasts of God are walking in the footsteps of Christ Himself because those who follow Christ must follow the example that he did 2000 years ago and again when He came a Second time in the Holy Spirit Age. We must walk the same path of Christ Ahnsahnghong who is the Second Coming Christ in these last days!

1 Pet. 2:21To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps.

John 13:15 I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you...

2 comments:

Short144 said...

Yeah, it's so true! Even thru the preaching we can see that the Church of God World Mission Society follows the example of Christ. W/o preaching, who can hear the word of truth? (Rom. 10:14-15) It is the way Father & Mother God gave us when He came as Jesus & when He came as Christ Ahnsahnghong.

Le0511 said...

Christ Ahnsahnghong, (Jesus), came to preach the gospel. The children follow their Father. If God chooses to preach, who will say anything against it? It seems only right for Church of God to preach and deliver this word of God to all those who BELIEVE.